Custom Installation Guide Helps Homeowners, Landscape Contractors, Architects Successfully Plan In-Ground and In-Deck Environments
January 3, 2008 — The wait is over for hot tub buyers who:
- Want the built-in look of an in-ground or partially recessed hot tub plus the advanced hydrotherapy features of a portable spa
- Prefer a natural stone-like exterior over the synthetic wood cabinets traditionally found on portable spas
- Seek advice and instructions on custom spa installations
"Consumers and landscape contractors are often challenged by the physical installation of a portable spa—from how to protect the equipment area from groundwater to what types of access are needed for service," said Samantha Weiser, Brand Manager for HotSpring Spas.
"HotSpring now provides solutions for custom spa installations, including stylish new natural stone-look surrounds for above-ground and partially recessed spas, as well as consumer-designed spa cabinets."
HotSpring has introduced three options designed to help spa buyers and landscapers add a hot tub to an existing environment or plan a built-in, year-round retreat complete with hardscape and landscape. The new lineup is comprised of:
- Custom Installation Guide: A first-of-its-kind, 28-page full-color booklet that helps consumers, landscape contractors and architects successfully incorporate a HotSpring spa into seamless-looking in-ground and in-deck settings. Consumers can use the Guide to familiarize themselves with a custom project, or give it to their landscape designer or contractor for reference. The Custom Installation Guide is produced exclusively for HotSpring Spas and is available only through HotSpring dealers.
- Custom Cabinet HotSpring Vista® and Grandee® Spas: With seating for six or seven adults respectively, the Vista-CC and Grandee-CC models are designed specifically for in-ground and in-deck installations. They are shipped with an exterior-grade plywood cabinet and can be recessed into a deck or a patio with no unsightly gaps. Both are available in a pearl-color shell. They also can support any style of exterior surface desired to blend into an outdoor environment. HotSpring also offers the following items:
- SpaStone™ Partial and Full Surrounds: These high-quality exterior panels add the beauty of a natural-stone look to a HotSpring spa. Crafted from synthetic materials, the new panels make it easy to customize a Vista-CC or Grandee-CC spa to fit any outdoor environment.
The SpaStone Partial Surround offers a built-in appearance with all the benefits of a HotSpring portable spa. The surround extends 23 inches below the spa bar top and features a convenient step that extends the length of the spa. The bottom of the surround is designed to harmoniously meet up with a deck or other surface to complete the built-in appearance.
The SpaStone Full Surround is an alternative to the synthetic wood cabinets that usually cover portable spas. It is ideal for fully above-ground installations. Matching 48-inch steps are available to complete the SpaStone look.
SpaStone surrounds and steps are available in earth and gray colors.
Complete information on the Custom Installation Guide, Vista-Custom Cabinet and Grandee-Custom Cabinet spas, and SpaStone Partial and Full Surrounds is available through the HotSpring worldwide network of dealers and service centers. Consumers can visit the hottub Installation Ideas page for examples of award-winning custom spa installations.
About HotSpring Spas
Established in 1977, Vista, Calif.-based Watkins Manufacturing Corp. is the manufacturer of HotSpring Spas. More than 700,000 spas have been sold since Watkins' inception. Watkins' worldwide dealer network of more than 900 sales and service centers is in all 50 states, Canada and more than 60 other countries. Watkins is a division of Masco Corp. (MAS-NYSE), a Fortune 500 company whose quality products include Delta® faucets, KraftMaid® cabinets, Behr® paints. More information and dealer locations are available online www.hotspring.com, or by phoning 1-800-401-2768.